Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
From December 2020 patients aged 50+ became eligible for a FREE flu vaccination for this flu season. We still have stock available. Please contact reception to book an appointment with the nurse.
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
This year the government has extended the availability of free flu vaccinations and everybody aged 50 and over is eligible for a free flu jab. We still have a small supply of all vaccines - please contact us as soon as possible to book your appointment.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.