Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
Flu vaccinations are usually available from mid-September (subject to confirmed delivery of flu vaccines). Our flu clinic dates will be announced as soon as we have confirmed deliveries. Check back in early September for updates.
Pneumococcal vaccinations are recommended to all patients at 65 and over, and are usually available year round. However, there is a shortage of supply this year and we are currently unable to advise when they will be available. Please check back regularly for any updates.
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.