How to order a repeat prescription
You can order your repeat medication through the following methods:
- via the NHS App
- using Patient Access
- by filling out our online form
- Tick the box on the duplicate page of your prescription and either bring it or send it to your normal surgery. Repeat prescriptions can be posted back to you if you provide a stamped, addressed envelope.
Please be aware that we require a minimum of 5 complete working days notice to fulfil repeat prescription requests.
- Any patient living more than 1.6km from their nearest chemist can obtain their medicines from our dispensary at Brenchley Surgery.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, we require 7 full days to fulfil repeat prescription requests. Please contact Dispensary if you need your prescription or medications more urgently. During busy periods (ie bank holidays) please make sure you give us as much notice as possible.
- To deal with your requests safely and efficiently please do not ask us to rush - our staff have a strict protocol to follow and each prescription request must be reviewed by the GP before it is processed by our dispensary.
When will my repeat prescription be ready to collect?
|Medications ordered||Ready to collect|
|Monday||not before the following Monday|
|Tuesday||not before the following Tuesday|
|Wednesday||not before the following Wednesday|
|Thursday||not before the following Thursday|
|Friday||not before the following Friday|
|Saturday||not before the following Friday afternoon|
|Sunday||not before the following Friday afternoon|
Please remember that Bank Holidays are not working days.
In accordance with NHS guidelines a one month supply of drugs will normally be issued. Prescription charges are payable upon collection of your medication by card or cash.
Dispensary Opening Times
Dispensary services are normally available at Brenchley during reception opening hours. Our dispensary is closed between 1pm and 2pm.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.